Ukrainian Society of Cell Biology
of All-Ukrainian Public OrganizationUkrainian Society of Cell Biology
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS.
1.1. All-Ukrainian Public Organization Ukrainian Society of Cell Biology (hereinafter referred to as the Society), is a voluntary and self-governing scientific-public organization of scientists, instructors, post-graduate students and other citizens of Ukraine, established to satisfy its public and scientific interests in the field of cell and molecular biology, biotechnology and in related fields of science, education, medicine, agriculture, food industry, etc.
1.2. The society is established and functions in accordance with the Constitution of Ukraine, the Laws of Ukraine On citizens' associations, On scientific and scientific-technological activity, the present Charter and other, bylaws regulating activity of public organizations.
1.3. The society is a non-profit organization.
1.4. The society shall function on the principles of lawfulness, common interests and equality of the rights of its members, openness, voluntary participation and self-government.
2. LEGAL STATUS OF THE SOCIETY
2.1. The society shall acquire the status of a legal entity from the date of its state registration by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
2.2. The society shall have its seal, stamp, letterheads, logos and other relevant requisites.
2.3. The society shall have its independent balance, accounts in the banking establishments of Ukraine and abroad, and shall have the right to acquire on its behalf proprietary and non-proprietary rights and be a participant of civil-legal relations.
2.4. The society shall represent cell and molecular-biological science in the state bodies, scientific and educational establishments, scientific-public organizations of Ukraine and abroad.
2.5. The name and legal address of standing executive body of All-Ukrainian Public Organization Ukrainian Society of Cell Biology: Central Council, Ukrainian Society of Cell Biology, Ukraine, 79005, Lviv, Drahomanova St. 14/16.
3. GOALS AND TASKS OF THE SOCIETY
3.1. The main goal of activity of the Society is consolidation of efforts of its members and other citizens in resolving fundamental and applied problems of cell and molecular biology and related sciences, safeguarding their professional interests, support of democratic principles in scientific and pedagogical activity, mutual coordination of research and development works and sharing experience of scientists.
3.2. In order to achieve these goals the Society shall set forth the following tasks:
- propagation of scientific and practical achievements of cell and molecular biology and related sciences;
- coordination of scientific research works in cell and molecular biology among the members of the Society;
- promotion of prestige of cell and molecular biology in Ukraine and abroad;
- all-round scientific and methodological support to higher and secondary schools in the field of cell and molecular biology;
- organization of scientific events on the issues of cell and molecular biology (congresses, conventions, conferences, symposia, schools-seminars, etc.) on the national and international levels;
- cooperation with international scientific societies (such as IFCB (International Federation of Cell Biology Societies} and IUBMB (International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), foreign scientific establishments, foundations, biotechnological corporations, etc.;
- establishment of and participation in publishing of periodical scientific-theoretical journal dedicated to cell and molecular biology;
- assistance in training of cell and molecular biologists of various levels of qualification;
- implementation of democratic principles in scientific and pedagogical activity.
4. RIGHTS OF THE SOCIETY
- making proposals to the bodies of power and management on the issues of development of science and education in cell and molecular biology and in related sciences, biotechnological industries in Ukraine;
- founding of and membership in international scientific-public organizations and associations in Ukraine and abroad;
- propaganda of ideas and goals of activity of the Society;
- concluding agreements with the Ukrainian and foreign partners in Ukraine and abroad for accomplishment of goals set forth in the Charter;
- representing and safeguarding its lawful interests and interests of its members in public and governmental offices;
- founding mass information media;
- development of social security of its members;
- carrying out economic activity by way of establishment of cost-accounting establishments, organizations, founding enterprises for the accomplishment of goals set forth in the Charter.
5. CONDITIONS AND PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION TO MEMBERSHIP IN THE SOCIETY
5.1. The Society shall consist of:
- individual members;
- honorary members;
- collective members.